WHAT TO EXPECT WHEN YOU WORK THE PROGRAM?
The Promises of Codependency Anonymous
I can expect a miraculous change in my life by working the program of Co-Dependents Anonymous.
As I make an honest effort to work the Twelve Steps and follow the Twelve Traditions...
1) I know a new sense of belonging. The feeling of emptiness and loneliness will disappear
2) I am no longer controlled by my fears. I overcome my fears and act with courage, integrity and dignity.
3) I know a new freedom.
4) I release myself from worry, guilt, and regret about my past and present. I am aware enough not to repeat it.
5) I know a new love and acceptance of myself and others. I feel genuinely lovable, loving and loved.
6) I learn to see myself as equal to others. My new and renewed relationships are all with equal partners.
7) I am capable of developing and maintaining healthy and loving relationships. The need to control and manipulate others will disappear as I learn to trust those who are trustworthy.
8) I learn that it is possible to mend - to become more loving, intimate and supportive. I have the choice of communicating with my family in a way which is safe for me and respectful of them.
9) I acknowledge that I am a unique and precious creation.
10) I no longer need to rely solely on others to provide my sense of worth.
11) I trust the guidance I receive from my higher power and come to believe in my own capabilities.
12) I gradually experience serenity, strength, and spiritual growth in my daily life.